Sonko Sends Two Staff on Compulsory Leave Over Fake Death Announcement

Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko on Monday, November 2 sent two staff over a fake death alert involving former county employee Dr Robert Ayisi.

Nairobi County Director of Communication Jacob Elkana said that the two employees had been directed to proceed on compulsory leave to pave the way into investigations on why they sent the alert without first consulting the family.

“There was a technicality that happened. Some of our staff sent out the alert without proper consultation,” Elkana Jacob said.

Former county employee Dr Robert Ayisi (Right). Photo/Courtesy

This comes after Governor Sonko sent out an alert announcing the death of the former County Secretary and Health CEC on his social media pages following the action of the two staff.

“It is with great sorrow and sadness that I announce the death of Dr. Robert Ayisi……. He will be remembered for his role in streamlining the health sector in Nairobi county. My deepest condolences to his family, relatives and friends,” read part of Sonko’s tweet.

Sonko later on deleted the posts on his after news emerged that the former county staff was not dead as claimed.

The governor further promised to personally apologize Ayisi’s family.
According to reports Ayisi was admitted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at the Mater Hospital.

Do you have a story you wish to tell? Oppressed at your work place? You have news? Tips? Exposé? You need to be heard??

The Kenyan Herald will carry your story. Share with us on email editor@kenyan-herald.com or info@Kenyan-herald.com or news@Kenyan-Herald.com

Do you have a comment about this article?