Inspector General of Police has dismissed media reports that the National Police Service (NPS) is set to undertake a mass recruitment of 5,000 constables and 150 cadets.
This comes only a day after the NPSC chairperson Eliud Kinuthia indeed confirmed that NPSC had been given the go ahead to carry out the exercise.
Through their twitter handle, the NPSC said that the information circulating on various social media platforms is false since no announcement to that effect has been made by the commission.
“We wish to advice the members of the public to treat information appearing on social media on Police recruitment as null and void. The NPSC has not announced any recruitment drive. For any future recruitment into the National Police Service, the commission shall advertise vacancies in both print and electronic media.” read the post from NPSC.
We wish to advice the members of the public to treat information appearing on social media on Police recruitment as null and void. The @NPSOfficial_KE has not announced any recruitment drive.
— National Police Service-Kenya (@NPSOfficial_KE) October 2, 2020
The Kenya Police will therefore advise Kenyans on when it will carry pit the countrywide exercise at a future date where it will also announce the recruitment procedure.
The newest development has thrown many hopeful young Kenyans into a state of confusion as they do not know whose information to believe.
On Thursday, October 1, the National Police Service Commission (NPSC) said it had approved the recruitment following a request by Inspector General Hillary Mutyambai in a full commission meeting attended by the commissioners.
There were reports that the Interior Principal Secretary Karanja Kibicho and Directorate of Criminal Investigations boss George Kinoti were also present in the meeting that gave the green light for the exercise to be carried out.