Hours after Deputy President William Ruto made an impromptu visit to Jubilee party headquarters at Pangani, Jubilee Party Secretary-General Raphael Tuju has come out to commend the DP.
Taking to his Twitter account, Tuju, who was absent at the time of Ruto’s arrival, commended the DP saying he was welcomed and that he should be visiting the offices frequently.
“Your visit is always a pleasure boss. KARIBU TENA!!!” said Tuju while responding to Ruto’s tweet.
Your visit is always a pleasure boss. KARIBU TENA!!! https://t.co/fQwrkOEcth
— Raphael Tuju (@RaphaelTuju_EGH) September 22, 2020
Tuju’s comments came shortly after the DP, through his social media sites, stated that he had visited the party’s headquarters at Pangani solemnly to discuss party matters.
According to Ruto, Jubilee was a national party founded on the principles of inclusion and cohesion hence the need for its leaders to come together and discuss the party’s future and arrangements.
“Jubilee is a national party that is founded on the principles of inclusion, cohesion and transformation of our country. Our politics is driven by ideas that are people-centered. At @JubileePartyK Headquarters in Pangani, Nairobi County, for party matters,” tweeted Ruto.
Tuju’s tweet comes just moments after the Jubilee party officially tweeted to thank Ruto for the visit saying it was the party’s pleasure having Ruto at its headquarters in Pangani.
Karibu Your Excellency. It was a pleasure having you around. https://t.co/qywXwQSlpK
— JUBILEE PARTY® (@JubileePartyK) September 22, 2020
According to reports, Ruto was to meet with Tuju to discuss the oncoming by-elections in some parts of the country, where the Jubilee party is expected to field candidates.
Taking to his Facebook page, Ruto’s close ally and associate Dennis Itumbi revealed that the two were to meet today but they were later informed that Tuju was in the hospital to meet with his doctor.
Here is Itumbi’s explanation on why Ruto never had a meeting with Tuju despite his visit to Pangani.
1. Tuju confirmed on Citizen TV that there was a party meeting to be chaired by DP last week.
2. Due to DP schedule the meeting did not take place and yesterday the two spoke and Tuju said he was in hospital but that he would attend the meeting
3. Today DP kept his part of the bargain, Tuju, who officials said was in the office earlier meeting a Chinese Delegation – was absent.
4. When DP got to Jubilee Headquarters as agreed, he called the SG and someone else picked and said Tuju had gone to see a Doctor
5. The Party logistical preparations ahead of the FIVE by-elections set for December 15 was discussed today.
DP Ruto then had a chat with different officials and Chefs at the staff cafeteria on life, engagements, challenges and listened to their views on different issues.